Quatela Chimeri, PLLC


Is your ex-failing to comply with your divorce judgement? If so, our Hauppage family law attorney can help, but you should know that you have a long, sometimes difficult journey ahead of you. Technical legal hurdles, evasive ex-spouses and uncooperative third parties can all make the task at hand a challenge, but just because it's a challenge, doesn't mean that you shouldn't try. If your ex isn't complying with your divorce judgement, follow these steps:

  • Find out if your ex-spouse is able to comply - If your ex is incapable of complying with your divorce judgement, you could spend a whole lot of time, frustration and money for naught. This is an unfortunate scenario, but it does happen. For instance, if your ex is unemployed then they might be not able to comply with their support obligation. Another example: your ex is obligated to refinance your joint mortgage, but they don't qualify for a loan. Before you go to all of the trouble of enforcing the judgement, make sure that your ex is capable of complying.
  • Consult a professional - As we stated earlier, enforcements are long, processes, but by having a professional family attorney on your side, you can avoid pitfalls, meet all requirements and improve your chance for a successful outcome. Your attorney will also be able to tell you if it enforcement is worth it for you financially.

Don't try to deal with enforcement on your own. Let our experienced attorney guide you throughout the process. Contact us today to get started.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information

Get Answers From A Focused Attorney

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Quatela Chimeri PLLC
888 Veterans Memorial Highway Suite 530
Hauppauge, NY 11788

Phone: 631-482-9700
Fax: 631-482-9707
Hauppauge Law Office Map

Mineola Office
215 Willis Avenue
Mineola, NY 11501

Phone: 516-750-8811
Fax: 631-482-9707
Map & Directions

Visa MasterCard American Express Discover